NYSC Registration Requirements for Married Women - Naija Stick

Mobile Menu

Top Ads

More News


NYSC Registration Requirements for Married Women

Dec 4, 2023

NYSC Registration Requirements for Married Women:Did you know that NYSC allows married female corps members to serve where their husbands live? It’s called ‘concessional deployment.’ In this article, we’ll outline the requirements for married women to serve in the same location as their husbands.

If you are married and want to go for the National Youth Service Corps Program, you can be posted to the same Local Govt or community where your husband work or live. NYSC put this in place to avoid separating homes. Keep reading as we provide all the information you need about NYSC posting and registration requirements for married Corpers.

This article will also address all questions concerning NYSC registration for married women. Unfortunately, for married men, there is no special provision at the moment. Let’s hope NYSC considers them in the future.

Gratitude is extended to the NYSC management for giving married women the opportunity to serve where their husbands live. We also use this opportunity to request NYSC to consider married men as well.


For More Update Join Our WhatsApp Group 👇🏻


Follow Us On Google News 👇🏻

Naijastick On Google News 

Join Our Twitter Group 👇🏻


NYSC concessional deployment

The act of NYSC posting a married woman to where her husband stays is called “concessional deployment.” Take note of that. Concessional deployment allows you, as a married woman, to serve in the same state, city, local govt, or even town where your husband resides.

Please not that adherence to the requirements for concessional deployment is important; otherwise, NYSC will post you as a single.

Things that could prevent NYSC from posting as married women:

     • Failure to indicate your marital status as ‘married’ during online registration.

     • Selecting ‘Miss’ instead of ‘Mrs’ as your title during online registration.

     • Incomplete marriage documents to prove that you are married.

     • Uploading the wrong document, such as your husband’s ID in place of the marriage certificate, or unclear documents. Use a good scanner device.

Before proceeding, check your name on the NYSC Senate List, as it’s a basic requirement. 

Also, confirm your name on the JAMB matriculation list.

NYSC Registration requirements for married women.

Below are the requirements for concessional deployment of married women:

      • Evidence of a marriage certificate.

      • Evidence of state of residence of husband/domicile letter.

      • Evidence of change of name or newspaper publication showing you have changed your name.

      • Husband’s ID card i.e. husband’s driving license, national ID card, voter’s card, or international passport.

      • Letter from employer or utility bills.

Wedding pictures.

      • All documents stated above are to be uploaded where applicable on the NYSC portal during online registration. 

Once confirmed to be genuine by the NYSC management, you will surely be posted to where your husband resides.


Only legally married women are entitled to concessional deployment.